How to Apply for Social Security Disability (SSI/SSDI)
We recommend that you apply for Social Security Disability(SSD) and/or Supplemental Security Income(SSI) immediately after becoming disabled. The Social Security AdministrationSSA) has three traditional ways to apply
- Apply online at the Social Security Administration website.
- Apply by calling the SSA National phone number (800) 772-1213. If you are deaf or hard of hearing you can reach them at a TTY phone number (800) 325-0778.
- Go in person to your local Social Security Office.
Before you start, write down or gather this info:
- Your Social Security number and ID with your age;
- The names and birthdays of your spouse and minor children;
- Your most recent W-2 form or, if you were self-employed, a copy of your federal tax return;
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of doctors, caseworkers, hospitals, and clinics that took care of you and the dates of your visits;
- Names, dosages, and prescribing doctor for all medications you are taking;
- Medical records and test results that you already have in your possession; and
- A summary of where you worked and the kind of work you did for the last fifteen (15) years.
If you have any questions or if your application has been denied by the Social Security Administration, please visit my website at www.oceanspringslawyers.com or call us at (228) 872-8752.