Christopher C. "Stopher" Haug, is licensed to practice law in Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. Stopher has over fourteen years of experience in representing clients in many areas of the law, ranging from general civil litigation to domestic and family law, personal injury, criminal law, as well as contract disputes and business formation and strategy.
Before partnering with Todd Farrar, Stopher owned his own law firm, The Haug Law Firm in Ocean Springs, MS, worked with two regional law firms in Mississippi and Alabama and served as in-house counsel for one of the largest companies in the Gulf South. He has tried cases in state and federal courts, and has extensive experience with mediations and arbitrations.
Stopher received his law degree from the Hugo L. Black School of Law at the University of Alabama in 2000 after earning his undergraduate degree from Mississippi State University in 1997. He is a graduate of Leadership Mississippi and currently serves as an Election Commissioner for the City of Ocean Springs, Mississippi, and as an executive board member of the 1699 Historical Society. Additionally, Stopher was Commodore of the Ocean Springs Yacht Club in 2017.
He and his wife, Lauren, reside in Ocean Springs with their three children, Nate, Nolan & Caroline, and their family dog, Teddy.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury & Auto Accident
- Criminal Defense & DUI
- Commercial & Business Litigation
- Divorce & Family Litigation
- Estate Planning & Probate Matters
- Mediations & Dispute Resolutions
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Juris Doctor - 2000
- Mississippi State University
- Honors: graduate of Leadership Mississippi and a founding member of YPAC
Past Employment Positions
- The Haug Law Firm, Ocean Springs, MS, Owner
Pro Bono Activities
- City of Ocean Springs, Election Commissioner, Present
- 1699 Historical Society, Executive Board Member
- Ocean Springs Yacht Club, Commodore, 2017 to 2018