- Partner , 2017
- Partner , 2017
Jonathan Franco joined the firm as a partner in July 2017. He was raised in Montgomery, Alabama and attended the University of Alabama, where he received his undergraduate degree in political science, with a minor in English. Jonathan went on to earn his law degree at Mississippi College School of Law in Jackson, Mississippi.
Before partnering with Haug & Farrar, Jonathan was a litigation associate at a well-respected Ocean Springs law firm, focusing primarily on personal injury, workers’ compensation and family law cases. He has tried personal injury and insurance dispute cases to verdict in both state and federal courts in Mississippi and has also received favorable judgments in complex, high asset divorce trials. Jonathan has a passion for his work that is palpable and a skill for presenting cases to Mississippi juries that results in fair and reasonable verdicts.
Jonathan resides with his wife Ashley Franco in Ocean Springs, is an avid football fan and enjoys kayak fishing and boating when he's not preparing for his next jury trial. He is currently the president of the Ocean Springs Rotary Club, which keeps him very active in the community. He is heavily involved in Mississippi’s preeminent trial lawyer and personal injury lawyer association, the Mississippi Association for Justice (MAJ). Within MAJ, he serves on the Board of Governors representing the Jackson County Circuit Court division. Jonathan is the 2018 recipient of MAJ's "Rising Star" award given to a trial lawyer under 40 years of age who has excelled in personal injury litigation.
Jonathan was also selected in 2019 to The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff attorney in the State of Mississippi. Invitees must exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40. Jonathan was recently selected to the 2019 Mid South Super Lawyers Rising Stars. The Super Lawyers list recognizes no more than 5 percent of attorneys in each state. The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger, or in practice for 10 years or less.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury & Auto Accident
- 3rd Party Liability Claims within Workers' Compensation Cases
- Divorce & Family Litigation
- Tractor Trailer and Commercial Vehicle Injury Litigation
- Workers' Compensation
- Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Mississippi, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 2013
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- Alabama University
- B.A. - 2007
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: English
- Prepping your Life Care Planner for Cross Examination, Voir Dire Magazine, Summer, 2016
- Medical Malpractice in Conscience Sedation, Voir Dire Magazine, 2017
- Mahli, LLC v. Admiral Insurance Company, 1:14-cv-00175-KS-MTP, 2015, Federal District Court for the Southern District of MS, Southern Division
- Petterson v. Petterson, 2018 WL 5262603, 2018, Miss Ct. App.
Honors and Awards
- Top 40 Under 40, Civil Plaintiff, The National Trial Lawyers, 2019
- Rising Star, Mississippi Association for Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ocean Springs Rotary Club, President, Present
- Mississippi’s Trial Lawyer Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, 2014 to Present
- American Association for Justice, 2013 to Present
- Mississippi Association for Justice (MAJ), Board of Governors, 2013 to Present