- Partner, 2017
- Partner, 2017
Jonathan Franco joined the firm as a partner in July 2017. He was raised in Montgomery, Alabama and attended the University of Alabama, where he received his undergraduate degree in political science, with a minor in English. Jonathan went on to earn his law degree at Mississippi College School of Law in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jonathan’s practice focuses exclusively on personal injury and workers' compensation cases. Jonathan has substantial experience representing victims of commercial motor vehicle crashes including tractor trailer crashes. Jonathan has experience applying the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (“FMSRs) in successfully prosecuting tractor trailer crashes. The FMSCRs are a complex set of regulations that govern the maintenance, hiring, and driving practices of trucking companies and truck drivers.
Jonathan has also obtained significant recoveries in premises liability cases involving unsafe conditions on a property. Jonathan has experience in applying building code violations and engineering violations to hold premises owners accountable for unsafe properties.
Jonathan also represents the victims of medical malpractice. Jonathan has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of families of medical malpractice victims including wrongful death claims.
Jonathan has also represented hundreds of Mississippi Gulf Coast residents that were involved in car crashes. Each car wreck case involves its own set of fact and challenges. Jonathan personally evaluates each of his car wreck cases and does not recommend settlements unless they make the client whole. If an insurance company is not willing to pay a reasonable settlement value in a car wreck case, Jonathan will file a lawsuit and fight to recover a reasonable value for your case.
Jonathan’s workers’ compensation practice includes representing Mississippi workers’ that were injured in the course and scope of their employment. Jonathan also represents shipyard and maritime workers’ who fall within the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. Jonathan also has experience representing claimants in Jones Act claims.
Jonathan resides with his wife Ashley Franco in Ocean Springs. He is a past president of the Ocean Springs Rotary Club, which keeps him very active in the community. Jonathan was selected to the 2019 and 2020 Mid South Super Lawyers Rising Stars. The Super Lawyers list recognizes no more than 5 percent of attorneys in each state. The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state. Jonathan is active in Mississippi's preeminent trial lawyer and personal injury lawyer association, the Mississippi Association for Justice (MAJ). Within MAJ, he serves on the Board of Governors representing the Jackson County Circuit Court division. He is a past editor of MAJ's annual publication, Voir Dire magazine. Jonathan is the 2018 recipient of MAJ's "Rising Star" award given to a trial lawyer under 40 years of age who has excelled in personal injury litigation. Jonathan was also selected in 2019 and 2020 to The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff attorney in the State of Mississippi. Invitees must exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Car Wreck Claims
- Workers' Compensation
- Tractor Trailer and Commercial Vehicle Injury Litigation
- Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation and Shipyard Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Mississippi, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 2013
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- Alabama University
- B.A. - 2007
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: English
- Prepping your Life Care Planner for Cross Examination, Voir Dire Magazine, Summer, 2016
- Medical Malpractice in Conscience Sedation, Voir Dire Magazine, 2017
- Mahli, LLC v. Admiral Insurance Company, 1:14-cv-00175-KS-MTP, 2015, Federal District Court for the Southern District of MS, Southern Division
- Petterson v. Petterson, 2018 WL 5262603, 2018, Miss Ct. App.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2019, 2020
- Top 40 Under 40, Civil Plaintiff, The National Trial Lawyers, 2019, 2020
- Rising Star, Mississippi Association for Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ocean Springs Rotary Club, Past President, Board of Directors
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, 2014 to Present
- American Association for Justice, 2013 to Present
- Mississippi Association for Justice (MAJ), Board of Governors, 2013 to Present
- Mississippi Association for Justice (MAJ), Editor, Voir Dire Magazine, 2019